Kitchen Fire Damages Lee’s Summit Duplex

Posted by GSDispatch Editor in by Lee's Summit Fire Department

Just The Wax Ma'am | Scentsy Wickless Candles

LEE’S SUMMIT, MO–On Monday, March 28, 2011, at 7:08 p.m., the Lee’s Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire in a duplex at 536 NW Fieldcrest Drive. The occupant called 911 and reported a fire around the stove.

When the fire department arrived, heavy smoke was visible from the front door of the two-story duplex. Everyone was out of the both units of the structure.

Firefighters entered the building and quickly knocked down a fire in the kitchen of 536 NW Fieldcrest. A search of the building confirmed that everyone was out of both units and there was no spread of the fire into the 534 side of the duplex. The fire was under control by 7:21 p.m.

Fire damage was contained to the kitchen of 536 NW Fieldcrest Dr. with smoke and heat damage throughout the remainder of unit. The 534 side of the duplex was undamaged.

The cause of the fire was determined to be food left unattended on the stove.

The American Red Cross is providing assistance to the residents.


tagged: , , , , ,